Friday, March 12, 2010

A very special birthday meal


March is my birthday month. It is probably also my most favourite month in the year.
So when the BIG day came around I wanted to treat myself and my family to a very special meal.
It took me most of two days to decide on a restaurant.
I was in the mood for some crisp, fresh flavours and healthy dishes with a twist.
Luckily for me, Viet Nam restaurant came to mind.

An assuming shop front on Plaza Progreso, houses this chic and comfortable Asian restaurant, named after the country that inspired it and whose culinary specialties it serves, Viet Nam is different and refreshing, and the food is quite simply, fabulous.

Enjoy Vietnamese delicacies such as 'Nems' crispy rolls filled with vegetables, crab or fish which you wrap in lettuce and mint and dip in soya sauce, or crispy noodles with prawns. Another highlight for me were the banana rolls I ordered for dessert.

Everything about the food at this restaurant feels healthy and satisfying. Highly recommended for a special night out.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin